Sunday, November 29, 2009

Is update IE from IE 6 to IE 7 a good thing or stay with IE 6?

I just updated my internet explorer from IE 6 to IE 7 and I not sure about it so far ... but that might take time to get use to (right?). But with that being said, was this a good thing or not? Should I keep IE 7 or go back to IE 6? If so, how do I do that? (LOL)



Is update IE from IE 6 to IE 7 a good thing or stay with IE 6?ie tab





It is a new browser and will require a period of time for you to learn its capabilities. I have been using IE 7 from the first Beta release and I can assure you this has lots of features you will find.



You can set up to 6 hompages to open when you open the browser.



You can set up some tabs and then save them in a single folder in Favorites. Then you click on the blue arrow a that Favorite Folder and all the tabs open. You can set up groups of tabs.



I have 6 homepages that appear when I open IE 7. These are my AT%26amp;T Yahoo Homepage, Yahoo Mail Beta, 4 online newspapers.



I open a second window and add a tab group in that folder. I have 6 tab group folders that I could open in 6 different windows if I desired.



Give it time and I think you will like it.



Is update IE from IE 6 to IE 7 a good thing or stay with IE 6?windows mobile internet explorer



I'm still undecided about it, mainly because it's brand new, and new products usually still have some bugs to fix.



Also, you have to make sure you have a legal copy of Windows before you attempt to install IE 7, because they make you validate your copy of Windows to make sure it's authentic.



However, since you already installed it, you know that already.
IE 7 is much more secure than IE6. If you decide to go back to IE6, simply go to add/remove programs and remove IE7. Your comp will then revert back to IE6.
IE 6 is better



RESTORE ur PC and get back ur EI 6
"Be not the first by whom the new is tried, nor the last to lay the old aside." (That usually works out about right.)
The interface is a little different from previous versions, but given the greater security features, notably the anti-phishing feature, I believe that the benefits outweigh the con of having to get used to the new interface.
Moving away from IE6 is always going to be a good thing. The browser code and rendering engine is so sadly outdated that it's ridiculous. Yes, IE7 is brand new and is bound to have some minor issues, but it's far more secure, offers tabbed browsing, anti-phishing (scams), and has dozens of new (long overdue) features - even support for RSS.



The biggest reason to switch? IE7 will be much more compatible with the latest web compliant web sites. It's not as compliant as Opera or Firefox, but it's a lot further along than IE6, which is just junk.



I'd actually recommend using Firefox (especially when 2.0 is released in coming weeks), but if you just "have" to stick with IE, then by all means, move to 7.
Hmm me too just downloaded IE 7. Its ok but make sure that you have the "Menu Bar" turned on so that you can easily nagivate from one page to the other. Its strange abit but i guess with time IE 7 should be fine. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared web hosting